Drugstore Beauty Faves

Living at the beach, we experience pretty mild winters and long bouts of high temperatures and humidity. Those days are upon us now--have been for some time--and will continue well into Fall. For this reason I like to keep my makeup simple and light year-round, but especially in the upcoming Summer months. These products have been my favorite finds that I repurchase throughout the year to keep my dry, sensitive skin looking and feeling put together.






Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream: The entire Covergirl line of sensitive and clean foundations and bb creams have proven gentle and well-suited for both my skin tone and tendencies. In the past I have purchased numerous tubes of the Covergirl Smoothers Lightweight BB Cream and several bottles of the Covergirl Clean Sensitive Skin Liquid Foundation. This new formula has been the best of both worlds - I love having the benefits of the bb cream but also having a more powder-like matte finish, without having to actually finish my foundation with a powder. I've used many finishing powders in the past - this is actually the first time I've not set my makeup with a powder - but dry, flaky skin does not look its best caked in powder and I can honestly say I'm not missing that extra step with this new product.

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder: I have tried many brow products in the past, but I always come back to this one. It's quick, it's easy, nearly foolproof, and cheap. I love the selection of colors. I feel there are plenty of options for every hair color and the taupe fits me perfectly. I do prefer the natural brow look - my brows are by no means strictly defined and permanent. This powder provides just a bit more definition and fills in any thin spots in my sparse brows, without looking overly done.

Burt's Bees 100% Natural Nourishing Mascara: I'm not going to lie, this is one of the pricier drugstore options for mascara and I'm not completely convinced it's worth it. I liked that it was natural and I do think a couple layers look nice and full. I stuck with the Maybelline New York Great Lash, classic pink and green bottle for years and years - it's the one my mom always used while I was growing up. Both of these mascaras come in brown/black which is my preferred look for my lighter lashes and can be difficult to find in some brands. I have recently found a new product that I've been loving, which I will get into later, since it's technically not a drugstore find.

L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Blush: This blush has been all over Pinterest as a great substitute for one of the Benefit blushes (which I wore for our wedding and loved) so I've been tempted to try it for some time. I'm very pleased with it and think the Baby Blossom color is so sweet on my lighter skin and perfect for warmer weather.






Another line of products I have been tempted to try for years (you may think I'm being dramatic, but I'm really that slow when it comes to spending money on "unknowns") is the Thrive Causemetics line I've seen floating around on social media. I recently tried just a few products I bought with some promotional deal - and the bundles they have save a little extra, too. I do love that they donate products to women undergoing treatment for cancer with every purchase made, so I think it's money well spent.

I have been using the Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara and the Triple Threat Color Stick.

I have used false fiber mascaras from the drugstore in the past and they have worked well enough, usually they need to be layered with other mascaras for a more full effect. This mascara works great with just one swipe. I am not usually a wearer of black mascara, but that's the only color available and I'm not hating it.

I have wanted to try a color stick like this for so long. I'm so intrigued by the idea of one product performing the task of two or three other products - talk about saving money and simplifying your routine. The colors for the Triple Threat stick are also fairly limited, there are only four, but I am a fan of the Maggie (Rose Shimmer) color I purchased and it complements my skin tone pretty well. It does have a gold shimmer, whereas I prefer cool, matte tones in my makeup, hair, and clothing, but it is by no means glittery or loud. It blends so easily with the small brush on the opposite end, and I love having a built in lip color that matches perfectly. I have been known to run out the door (to be honest, this happens most days) with just the Covergirl bb cream, a few swipes of the Triple Threat stick, and a swipe of the Liquid Lash mascara. It's so easy, it's long-lasting, and did I mention it's easy?






If we're going on a date night or to a wedding, something where I might spend another minute or two on my face, I have been adding just a touch more detail to my eyes with these new Revlon Illuminance Creme Eye Shadows and my favorite Almay Eyeliner Pencil.

That is it! These are pretty much the only products I ever use and a little goes a long way for me. I have gone through phases where I would purchase the latest and greatest products from Sephora or Ulta that all the beauty bloggers were raving about and they upset my skin, or I just couldn't keep up since my every day life is very low key and my face is melting off most days. I've learned to set myself up for success and save my money by only purchasing products I will definitely use on the regular and sticking with brands I know will work for my skin. I hope this information was helpful for someone else out there!

You can always check out the products I'm using and loving on my Products I love Pinterest board here!


Best,
Emily


P.S. None of these companies or brands have any idea who I am. All opinions are strictly my own, curated over the years through trial and error.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulled Pork

Follow Up

2020 Focus