One Pan Dinner

This is another favorite meal, and also very versatile. I started making this a few years back when we fell in love with roasted veggies and were very tired of the regular hot dog in a bun. I made this meal with turkey dogs, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, and a green bell pepper. I have made it in the past with chicken, sausage, shrimp--any protein you prefer. Also, I've thrown in cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, asparagus, butternut squash, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower--any vegetable you can imagine. It's super easy and healthy, and a great way to round up and use any produce that may be on its last leg.


To make this super simple, one pan dish, you will need:






A protein of choice: I like to use turkey dogs or sausage that are already cooked so that you're really just flavoring and roasting it with the veggies, rather than having to worry about cooking it separately.
Produce of choice: Our favorite are sweet potatoes, red potatoes, and bell peppers. I'm a sucker for zucchini and any kind of squash, but my husband loves asparagus. This is a great meal to accommodate all tastes, as you can easily toss in both and pick out your faves when it's done.
Seasoning: I use coconut oil, garlic salt, onion powder, pepper, and paprika. You could use oregano and serve your roasted veggies over pasta or with garlic bread, or you could use parsley, which pairs nicely with potatoes or rice. I toss everything together in a large bowl, using the oil to make sure it gets an even coating. You can use olive oil or avocado oil, whatever you prefer. The coconut oil I use does not taste like coconut at all and does not upset my sensitive stomach.





Once everything is tossed together, I spread it evenly over my sheet pan. Then, just toss in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. 






Voila! Kid-friendly, picky-eater friendly, inexpensive, and quick. This meal always reminds me of Spring and Summer and family camping trips. You could even eat it outside and make S'mores for dessert--make an evening of it!


Best,
Emily



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulled Pork

Follow Up

2020 Focus