Clean Makeup Routine

First of all, I'd like to open by saying that I have never enjoyed wearing makeup so much. These new, clean products have made such a difference in the health and look of my skin. Even though I'm wearing less makeup than I have in years past, I feel more confident and think my skin looks better than ever. I'm so excited to share these products I've absolutely fallen in love with!



Juice Beauty's Stem Cellular CC Cream: This has become a favorite foundation product. I love the consistency for my dry, sensitive skin, and I feel moisturized without feeling sticky or greasy. That could just be me. I would definitely consult an Ulta employee--or salesperson wherever you are shopping--but for dry or mature skin I think this is a winner. It's a very sheer coverage, buildable, but sheer. I am searching for a fuller coverage foundation for Winter and special occasions, so I will update when I find a great one.

NYX Dark Circle Concealer: I was so surprised to learn this was a relatively clean product. My main concerns when shopping for products that will go on my body and seep into my skin--the largest organ on the body--are carcinogens and developmental toxicity. The EWG app has made shopping and finding accessible, budget-friendly, cleaner products so much easier and I was pleased to see this product met my personal standards for cleanliness. The Think Dirty app is another one I've discovered recently, though I believe that one is not as strict with its ratings, so proceed with caution.

Mineral Fusion Blush/Bronzer Duo: I am by no means tan, or even sun-kissed, 362 out of 365 days of the year. Living at the beach, this duo gives my skin more color in a flattering, subtle way. Most bronzers are absurdly obvious, but this one I sort of blend with the blush and it deposits a good bit of color with just one light swipe. You can definitely build and create a more dramatic look or flatter a darker skin tone. I think this product is so versatile and I'm using it well into the Fall and Winter, not just for Summer.

Deep Compassionate Beauty Mineral Brow Gel: This has been my all time favorite brow product I've ever tried. It could not be more simple and subtle, but leaves me with noticeable definition. Nine times out of 10 I'm wearing only SPF moisturizer, this brow gel, and mascara. Done. Plus, my lovely Type 2 friend, also Emily, is the founder and creator of the Redeeming Beauty Minerals line and she hand makes each individual order, praying over you and sending along the sweetest packaging and handwritten message. I also use her eye shadows and have some deeper mauve blush for special occasions and everything is absolutely gorgeous. She gives free, detailed consultations on her site and is more than happy to answer any and all questions you could have. She recommended all of the products I own based on a picture of my pale self I sent her and, man! She was spot on. Every one is so flattering on my skin tone. Check her out!

E.l.f. Mineral Infused Mascara: I could not believe how "clean" this product was, either. I'm so pleased to have found a $3 mascara that I love that's available in drug stores and meets my standards. So. Easy. It only comes in black, and I'm a dark brown mascara-wearer, myself. However, I've made an exception for this since I love the brush, the formula, and the price. That trifecta has been pretty difficult for me to find in recent years, to be honest.


I have also signed up for the Petit Vour Beauty Box, a monthly subscription service providing cruelty-free, non-toxic, plant based, vegan beauty products. I received my first box this month and I was so pleased. Luxurious, clean products ranging from $45-60, for just $18/month. I first heard about the company on Teri Miyahira's YouTube channel -- she has some of the best clean beauty tutorials I have ever found, including a whole green beauty guidebook you can download with her favorite products to save a lot of time and research. Check her out, too, if you're looking for a great green beauty resource.

That's it! I feel like it's a lot, but compared to real beauty bloggers it doesn't seem like much. My cousin taught me how to wear makeup and she always said it should enhance your natural features but people shouldn't be able to tell you're wearing it. I've always practiced that (I hope) and intend to continue. It's comfortable, it's understated, it's timeless. Perfect for everyday.


Best,
Emily


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulled Pork

Follow Up

2020 Focus