Hair Care




At the outset of this clean swap journey, I mentioned several of the Avalon products I was loving and using on Instagram and in previous blog posts. Today, I want to update you all on the products I have been using most recently. I have since found products that really work perfectly for my hair type (fine, medium thick, greasy roots, dry ends, but healthy-very lightly processed) and my budget (wooo!).

Let's jump in.




ACURE Vivacious Volume Peppermint Shampoo and Conditioner: I love this stuff. Love it. I get it through Thrive Market for under $7 each! I've also purchased through Amazon or at Whole Foods, and they now carry it at Target (though it is a limited selection). So it is quite accessible, and even the full retail price is only about ten bucks. I love that this particular brand is very clean, so I've purchased many of their skincare products, too. Publix even carries a handful of their facial products. 




I like to add some sort of oil, protectant, or leave-in product to my hair when it is still wet after showering. This SheaMoisture (also a very clean product line) Anti-Breakage Shine Mist has been light and easy to use. I do have fine hair, so heavy oils make me look like a grease ball and I have to be wary of that. I notice a difference in the overall strength and shine of my hair after I use this mist, and it's also budget-friendly, coming in at just under $10 on Amazon.

If I shower at night, I like to let my hair dry while I sleep. Otherwise, I wait until my hair has air dried a good 85% before blow drying. Then I usually throw in some quick curls with my all time favorite Hot Tools 1.25" curling iron (which I've had and used regularly for years and years) and finish with a light mist of the Carina Organics Fast Drying Hairspray. This is one of the best hairsprays I have ever used, clean or not. It is only $9.99 and happens to be EWG verified. My one and only complaint is that it is not super easily accessible like the ACURE or SheaMoisture products. I ordered it directly from Carina Organics, which is located in Vancouver. So it's almost double the price to have it shipped here to SC, but there may be smaller, more local health markets or sites that carry it, too. I did find it from a health market site based in Missouri, but shipping is only a dollar cheaper. If you see this product in a store anywhere ever, even if you're on a ski trip in Canada, grab it! Grab 3! Send me one! Please.

Last, but so certainly never, ever least. The Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk for All Hair Types - Non-Aerosol. This is magic in a bottle. It's the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for your greasy, dirty hair. I have never seen more than a day between washes with my fine, silky hair, and I made it to day 4 with this stuff. DAY 4! Here's proof:




I apologize for the unkempt look, but check out those roots! I mean, I showered immediately after taking the photo, and it probably did not smell great, but I cannot believe that right out of the gate I was able to get so many days out of one wash! I mean, if you can't already tell, I was just blown away. Still am. Unfortunately, the Klorane dry shampoo is $20. That may not sound like a lot to some people, but it's more than both my shampoo and conditioner together, and more than I like to spend on any one item. However, I will make an exception for magic in a bottle. I was also able to purchase with rewards points at Ulta, so that is a plus. It's also available on Amazon, but still $20.


If you've read this far, all about my exhilarating hair care, congratulations and thank you so much. I truly feel like I've discovered some winners and had to share in detail, not just an Instagram photo. If you have fine hair, or greasy hair, or thin hair, perhaps these will be magic for you, too. If you have thick hair, and possibly don't need all the miracles and prayers that we fine-haired girls do, maybe these products will still help you out. Either way, there are my thoughts. I hope they've been helpful. Wishing you great hair days!


Best,
Emily







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulled Pork

Follow Up

2020 Focus