Tried and True

I know it's been a minute, and I promise I am posting a ton of recipe ideas next week as promised. But I thought I'd pop in and write up a little something on my absolute favorite products I've been using these last few months. I find I need to use a product regularly and in conjunction with a few other products and in different climate conditions before I'm absolutely convinced it's worthy of the "tried and true" label. So you can trust that the following have been thoroughly vetted.




1. First up is this Hello Activated Charcoal Toothpaste. I posted a photo on Instagram earlier this week, but it deserves a good mention here on the blog. I seriously shuddered at the thought of putting charcoal in my mouth, but I am so happy to report that it tastes better than most toothpastes I've used over the years, with a subtle mint flavor--it's not even as aggressive as many of the popular drugstore brands. Also, it is not gritty. It is dark in color, and does come with a warning to be cautious when spitting, but we've had no staining of our sink or counters and it rinses quite easily. So happy with this purchase, and I do notice a whiter smile for this strictly tea and coffee drinker. It's available on Amazon, or we order from Thrive Market, and under $5.


2. Another favorite I have mentioned before, this MyChelle Sun Shield SPF 28 Coconut Sunscreen. I truly hate sunscreen. It is one of the most irritating skin products I have used, physically and emotionally, and each and every one seems to anger my skin into aggressive, uncomfortable hives that take weeks to fully heal. I hate the smell, I hate the greasy feel, I hate the difficulty of washing afterward. It's the worst. Not with this product! I love it! It smells so faintly fantastic and fades quickly, it sinks right into the skin without a single hint of grease or shine, and it's rated very highly by the EWG! I will sing its praises until the end of time and continue to bite the (rather bite-sized) bullet and spring for this $16 miracle product. I order from Thrive Market but it's also available on Amazon, or at Whole Foods stores (at a slightly higher price).



3. This Mineral Fusion Blush/Bronzer Duo is amazing. I was skeptical at first, I'll admit it. It seemed a little too sparkly, a little too warm, and a little too small to be used with my fluffy Ecotools brushes (another absolute favorite). But it has been wonderful. I use other products and do like them, but I always return to this beauty. It's just perfect for my skin, has the nicest pigmentation without overdoing it and it doesn't fade like other products tend to. Also, not too sparkly, don't worry.




4. This. eyeshadow. Ohmygoodness. Emily of Redeeming Beauty Minerals assured me that purple shades are universally flattering, but I had no idea how correct she was until I experienced it for myself. This particular shade is "Dusk" and it is so beautiful on my pale skin, with my hazel eyes, and with any eyeliner or mascara combo I've tried. It really just adds a bit of depth and shadow that allows the eyes to shine front and center. It's not too purple and a little goes a long way. If you do want a more purple shade, she has 16 options from which to choose! Emily makes all of her makeup by hand and prays over each customer, including a handwritten message in every package. Seriously the best in every way.

5. This is a suprising favorite, but I've tried so many mascaras that come with so many promised results over the years, and this e.l.f. Mineral Infused Mascara is literally the only one that gives me consistently great results and hasn't dried out. It is $3 at Target and I will never purchase another mascara again. It goes on so smoothly, the applicator is so perfectly shaped and sized, and it does not flake or clump. I'm sold.

So this was basically another Five Favorites post, not terribly long. I appreciate your reading along and I hope you will check out some of the MyChelle products or Redeeming Beauty Minerals makeup--both brands are such high quality and are made with good, clean ingredients. Until next time!

Best,
Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulled Pork

Follow Up

2020 Focus