BBQ Chicken Pizza







There was some expressed interest in this recipe after I posted a photo of our lunch on Instagram last week, so I thought I'd just quickly jot out the details of how we make this super easy and satisfying meal for two.

This dish could not be easier, and I use a lot of short cuts. You could always go all out and make everything from scratch, use higher quality ingredients, yadda, yadda...but the point of this for us is to be able to whip something together quickly when we're pressed for time or energy.




I use these prepared, thin and crispy pizza crusts from Walmart. They are less than $3.50 for two, and I keep them in the refrigerator, ready for dressing. I coat the entire top side of the crust in a very thin layer of coconut oil once it's on my baking sheet, just to keep from drying out too much. Then I simply spoon and spread about 1.5 to 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce into the center. Recently we've been using the Noble Made Classic BBQ Sauce from thrive market.


Noble Made Classic BBQ Sauce


The flavor is more tomato/vinegar heavy than your typical sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, more like a pizza sauce. I personally love Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce, but it is much sweeter, so if you're in the mood for more savory, the Noble Made is the way to go.





Next we just top with shredded cheese (usually low moisture part skim mozzarella--I actually really didn't like the Daiya mozzarella shreds on this), canned or shredded chicken, some bacon bits, olives, or sliced peppers--whatever you have on hand, really. Then you pop it in the oven and you're only 8-10 minutes from deliciousness! Super quick, simple, open to customization. Enjoy!


Best,
Emily


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulled Pork

Follow Up

2020 Focus