Fall Fashion

My absolute favorite season is Fall. I love Summer, but Fall has football, crisp breezes, pumpkins, squash, caramel apples, and my birthday. Hard to compete. I also absolutely love to wear sweatshirts and boots. I've done a teeny bit of Fall shopping this year (not that I needed a single thing) and I thought I'd share some of my favorite, and somewhat unexpected, finds.

This sweater was at Walmart. Walmart. For under $15! They have several colors, and it's so. soft.




I also found these great staples that I've somehow been missing the past several years--a simple grey cardigan and festive plaid shirt. I couldn't find the exact shirt, but there were many from which to choose. Both under $15!


Women's Open Front Cardigan



Riders by Lee Women's Long Sleeve Plaid Woven Shirt


I also did a bit of shopping at Shein, kind of for the first time. I've ordered the odd item from them here and there over the Summer, but found myself with a small haul recently at the recommendation of Courtney Collingsworth Metz. I love her modest style and she finds the best deals, so I had to check it out for myself. I agree with her that it's not the place to go for your tried and true staples, but if you want to try a new trend for a season without breaking the bank, Shein seems to be the place to go. I would liken them to Forever 21, but even more affordable.



I got this gorgeous blue and peachy/orange floral top and just loved the colors. It's an interesting material and the fit is a bit slimmer than I'm used to, but I think I will get a lot of wear out of it this Fall and the fact that it's a little longer might make it nice for layering with pullovers. The shoes pictured, too, are beautiful in person--a lovely blue with floral embroidery. (In case you missed it, I like florals.) They are surprisingly comfortable, though they do run a tad small. I definitely would have sized up, had I known. They're snug, but I can definitely still wear them, and intend to, pretty much year round.

A few other items I purchased from Shein:





Drawstring Waist Hidden Pocket Skirt $14 (size up 2 sizes!)




I also found a great, classic white tee that I'm unable to locate online. They have so many simple tees, though. You can see the prices are easy and you get 15% off your first order and free shipping on your first return. I did have to make a return. I would say the majority of their clothes run small. They do have size and fit details for every item that are helpful, but if that makes you uneasy I would just err on the side of caution and order a size up.


Of course I've done a little shopping on Amazon recently (read:always and forever without fail). I found a couple of cardigans that have actually proven to be so comfortable and higher quality than I expected at a very nice pricepoint. 

This adorable floral print (there I go again) vest was under $12! 



All for You Women's Sleeveless Floral Printed Drape Cardigan Sage 6532 Medium




Doublju Lightweight Thin Open Front Cardigan For Women With Plus Size (Made In USA) PLUM SMALL


I sized up to a large in the purple cardigan because I love a roomy fit if I have to layer clothing, I can't stand when my sleeves bunch up underneath. It's still not overly roomy, the reviews showed many who ordered their regular size found the sleeves to fit snug, so I'm glad I got one size larger and may have gone two sizes larger if I'd wanted a truly roomy fit. This cardigan was also $15! I'm very pleased with the quality of it and will proudly wear it for Furman game days!


I'm so excited for cooler weather so I can wear my new sweaters and boots! I'll do a post soon about my favorite shoes for Fall and my favorite stores to find great quality boots that will last years and more affordable pairs I've had that didn't disappoint, either. Hope this was helpful for those looking to treat themselves in preparation for the next season without wrecking their budget. Happy shopping!


Best,
Emily





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulled Pork

Follow Up

2020 Focus