Couple Gifts




I've mentioned before that gifts is one of my love languages, and it's one of the ways I most like to love on others. I love finding the perfect gift that reminds me of a certain person and watching their face (hopefully) light up as they appreciate it. My husband's love language is not gifts and my brother is not very demonstrative upon opening presents, either, but the point of a gift is to convey my love to them and I believe it does just that.


Some of my favorite gifts to put together are gifts for couples. It doesn't even have to be a wedding gift, though with wedding season upon us that was the inspiration for this post. The past few years I have loved getting to think about what the couple might be doing for their honeymoon, or what they might enjoy doing together on a regular basis as they begin their life together. Living at the beach, one of my absolute favorite gifts to give to new brides is a monogrammed baseball cap for her to wear on the boat or walking around the shore or even just doing yard work, so she can sport her new initials.







Etsy has always been my go-to source for all things monogrammed, especially these caps, and I've ordered four of them now with nothing but success and satisfaction with the craftsmanship and quality. Each hat is also unique with so many color and font choices, no two hats have looked the same but each has perfectly suited the recipient.


I have included these hats in monogrammed tote bags - my favorite are from Lands' End - and may throw in a gift card or even some Mr. and Mrs. beach towels. Always a winner, in my book.






Another favorite compilation gift of mine is an at-home date night kit. I recently found this cute popcorn bowl and set of Bride and Groom coozies on Amazon and added some popcorn, a couple of bottled sodas, and bag of chocolates.









More variations on this theme: breakfast kit with pancake mix or coffee grounds, dinner date night with pasta sauce and specialty pasta and wine, or an apron (or two) with cupcake mix and sprinkles for a night of baking (and eating) together. We were married at Christmas time and I can't tell you how many ornaments, cookie plates, and decorations we received as gifts that I get to pull out year after year and reminisce over. A little Christmas or other holiday themed gift basket would be a great gift for anyone.


Hopefully this gives someone looking for gift ideas some more options! I love gifts of fun items you may never think to buy yourself but they offer an experience more than just a collection of more stuff. You can also add as you go if you can't or don't care to go on one big, expensive shopping spree. Handmade items also add a personal touch that can't be bought (but if you're interested in buying a personal touch, check out my handmade earrings on Etsy - shameless plug). Happy gifting!



Best,
Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulled Pork

Follow Up

2020 Focus