Clean Swap Update

I have found a few more items I am pleased to add to the list of products we have switched out for clean options.





I found a clean hairspray! I've heard a couple of women on Instagram recently calling for suggestions, as effective and clean hair styling products seem to be among the most difficult to find. I am pleased to announce that Carina Organics appears to have delivered in their Fast Drying Unscented hairspray. My only qualm is that I ordered through the company's website and shipping took a very long time and was not cheap. I will continue to look for an effective, clean hairspray that is easier to access, and I have my eye on the Free & Clear Firm Hold next.


I found a clean,sensitive toothpaste. My teeth/gums are very sensitive and the only toothpaste my dentist has ever recommended to me was the Colgate Sensitive paste. Unfortunately, this product is not clean. I was using Tom's Sensitive Toothpaste for a while, but upon further digging, I found that product was not clean either! So I finally found what seems to be the only clean option for sensitive toothpaste and I'm giving it a good shot. I'll keep you posted. So far the taste is basically non-existent, and of course it doesn't really foam (like clean shampoos--just seems to take more to get a good clean). But my sensitivity continues to remain at a constant level, if not improve. Of course, I ordered it on Amazon.






I finally purchased the Mineral Fusion Recovery Cream to replace my beloved Simple Night Cream, and I'm so glad I did! I hate that Simple products are not clean, especially since I just discovered them this past Spring and they were so affordable and easily accessible. However, I've been so impressed with Mineral Fusion products, and I am so pleased to have a go-to reliable brand that is also available on Amazon. It may be double the cost, but a little goes a very long way and I won't be going back.

I've also been trying SOPHi and Piggy Paint (same company) nail products to replace my beloved Essie and OPI polishes. I've found some great matches for my absolute favorite colors, which is pleasing, though the wear is not the same. The odorless feature is amazing, truly. I can't believe I put up with those toxic fumes for so many years. I'm hoping a nice base coat and top coat will improve the wear, but otherwise I'm pleased enough for the time being. I don't enjoy wearing nail polish as much as I used to, anyway, and I'm very hard on my nails working around the house and yard.

The nail polish remover pictured above did absolutely nothing for me. Like, nothing. So I ended up returning it to Amazon and was pleased to find the Piggy Paint remover at Target for half the price. I ordered all of these nail products from Target.com or found them in store, which is another point for the pro side as I get 5% off my purchases and free shipping online with the Target Red Card (not an ad, I just love Target).



I also have a little bit of a DIY to share with you all today. I've been using a mixture of equal parts baking soda and coconut oil to scrub my face once or twice a week, and am kind of loving the results. I've often added a bit of baking soda to my regular face wash to scrub my face before applying a mask (loving my Detox Clay Mask from Skin Balm Apothecary), and will continue to do so. This just adds a bit more moisture as it removes the dead and dry skin, which leaves me with very pleasant results the following morning when I do this at night. I look forward to trying this in the winter months, as my already fairly dry skin gets quite dehydrated and flakes then.



I will continue to update as I find clean products that fit both our budget and our standards. I'm so relieved and pleased to be ridding our cabinets and bodies of toxins with nasty side effects!


Best,
Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulled Pork

Follow Up

2020 Focus